Monday, April 28, 2014

A grateful mention....

I can not say enough about this recovery time away from home.  There are many facets to this time that bless me to my deepest fibers.
Let me list some:
family going out of their way to take care of my home while I was gone and my precious daughter, Kaylee, friends taking time out of their week to spend time with Kaylee and help with my house, family taking time out of their busy lives to spend time nursing me back to health, the constant outpouring of prayer and encouragement of friends from all over and the immense and indescribable beauty of God's creation.

I have very little memory of the first week after surgery.  I know that Jason's Mom and my mom, Miriam and Diane, paired with Jason and Whitney, took care of my every need.  I was carefully lifted from bed to get to the restroom or the sofa, a detailed list of pain med.s and dietary med.s were kept and dosed to me on a religious schedule, I was fed with the utmost care each day, all day, and I had to be walked to keep my body functioning properly, but not too much--- and every aspect of my life was not in my control.  I wanted for nothing.... and although I don't remember much of that time, as I was VERY medicated due to the radical nature of the surgery, I do remember the acts and the impressions of cushions of care and layers of love that were surrounding me during that time frame.

(Again...not many pictures taken during this time.)

Then the Moms left, after Easter and my care was left to Jason and Whitney.  I am so grateful to my husband who saved up every ounce of vacation time to arrange to be with me before, during and after surgery for as long as he could.  Jason has been my rock and my constant encouragement that God's hand was on this situation.

Jason was relieved by my Dad, Jerry, who arrived on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.  My Dad has carefully doted on my every need.  My dad has carefully meal planned and feeds and logs my meds,  Even as he has very pressing matters at work, he came up here to finish off my recuperation time and take me home in the most comfortable vehicle available to me, the Expedition.

Whitney has been my constant source of company and entertainment.  I am thankful that she so willingly gave up her time to hang out with me.  I have enjoyed hours of time in her company.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your support through a Comment!