Monday, April 28, 2014

In the Hospital....Surgery #4

When I researched hospitals, Good Samaritan did not have good ratings via the computer, and I was disappointed when I found out that I would have to have surgery at that location.  I can tell you that from admitting all the way through, I had really good care.  The admitting nurses were my favorite, mainly because I remember them more clearly, as my surgery was delayed several hours.  They kept me comfortable hooked up to a gown that had a warm air blower attached via a tube.  It was crazy, but super comfy.

All of my family showed up, just about, all that could be there.  Dad (Jones) and Kaylee (and William) stayed home to hold down the fort.  It was nice as they kept rotating visiting with me before surgery.... and possibly after surgery, which I just don't remember.  Although I hear stories of me singing "I feel pretty, oh, so pretty" after surgery, so I think I am glad that I don't remember!


 (other people there but not pictured were Jason and my mom, Diane.)

 God provided me with an unbelievable peace going into the surgery and leading up to the surgery.  Other than some requests for encouragement from my wonderful husband, that I can make it and everything will be fine, I was very much at peace.  By the way, I don't know how my husband escape photos, but he did, I didn't catch any photos of him on the whole trip!  Anyway, back to God....  I am very grateful and don't know how it is possible....although I do know.... God promises His Peace that passes all understanding.  And that is what was granted me.  I am a fearful person by nature and I was entering into the biggest surgery of my life.  ON TOP OF the fact that I was told the day before that my uterus was diseased and may or may not be symptomatic after surgery.... so I had to rest in the decision we had made to remove the uterus, and how much of it to remove.  It is crazy to think that the smiles in those pictures are not just drugged manifestations of bravery... those smiles were genuine.... there was joy and laughter on my lips as I waited.  Now...to be honest, I was given some oral medication when I was admitted, but I stand by the fact that I handled the event with peace.

"2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation.  The Lord be with you all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your support through a Comment!